Wedding Photographer Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
View My Prices>> Newport & South Wales Wedding Photography Prices
A Perfect Venue for Your South Wales Wedding
The Celtic Manor Resort is a multi-award winning wedding venue in Newport near Cardiff.
Sited in 2000 acres of stunning Usk Valley parkland, this beautiful venue would be an excellent location for any civil marriage wedding day from the smallest to the most elaborate and expensive.
It is as suitable for short day weddings as it is full days. So, there is something for everyone.
There are many venues at Celtic Manor Resort (listed below), which can cater for any size of wedding day of up to 800 guests. Each venue is unique and distinct, from the ornate 19th century Manor House with its period features to the newest addition on the site, the Hunter Lodges. A real photographer’s dream!
Being a 5-star resort, the service and attention afforded to the Bride and Groom are second to none. The venue staff leave nothing to chance, and they treat every couple like royalty in this fantastic wedding venue.
Wedding Photography at Celtic Manor Resort
Panoramic views offer the opportunity for some wedding portraits seldom matched. The views stretch for miles around, even into England across the Severn estuary from specific vantage points.
The venue also welcomes LGBT/gay weddings, and I am pleased to provide photography for them.
I am a natural reportage photographer, and the vast amounts of space there is to play with make for some great wedding photography portraits. I have photographed weddings at Celtic Manor Resort several times and always find new backdrops and photo opportunities.
A Bentley is available to the couple on request to chauffeur them around the estate for their desired wedding photographs. Staff are friendly and helpful and actively encourage and help the wedding photographer.
A Convenient Location in South Wales
The site is located just off Junction 24 of the M4 which means you can be in or have come from London in only 90 minutes.
The nearest train station is Newport with Cardiff and Bristol Airports’ being just 45 minutes away.
Celtic Manor Resort Wedding Photography – Venues
Celtic Manor Golf Club:
The largest clubhouse on-site includes three venues for your wedding seating between 80-180 people: The Augusta Suite, The Chairman’s Marquee and the Via Julia Suite.
Twenty Ten Clubhouse:
Fans of golf may be interested to know that the clubhouse was built for the 2010 Ryder Cup. There are two rooms, each able to hold 60-120 reception guests: Rafters and The Samuel Ryder Suite.
The Resort Hotel:
Three other wedding venues include the huge and opulent Caernarfon Ballroom, holding up to 800 guests. The Rooftop Garden has spectacular views across the Severn estuary and can seat up to 130 wedding guests. Meanwhile, the Beaumaris Suite is located in the Convention Centre and can seat up to 120 guests.
The Manor House:
A gorgeous 19th-century manor house rich with classic features such as wood panelling, fireplaces and stained-glass. The venue includes two wedding venues: Hedleys is ideal for a smaller wedding with between 30 and 50 guests. Whilst the Manor Suite will cater for 60-110 guests.
The Hunter Lodges:
The most secluded of Celtic Manor’s venues is also the smallest. For up to 40 guests, the Hunter’s Lodges offer spectacular views across the Welsh countryside for those smaller and more intimate weddings. Some couples hire two adjacent lodges and use one for the bridal preparations.
There is much more information about all the Celtic Manor Resort wedding photography venues in their Brochure.
Wedding Bookings at Celtic Manor Resort
Useful to Know When Booking Your Wedding:
- Newport City Council conducts all civil marriages at Celtic Manor. You can ‘Save the Date‘ with the register office as far in advance as you like.
- Enquire by calling the venue on 01633 410 252 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can book a private tour by filling out an online form here: Celtic Manor Wedding Enquiry Form.
- A range of wedding packages is available to suit most budgets – the venue website is a wealth of information, so spend time to look around.
Celtic Manor Resort – A Potted History:
- C1860: Coldra House (now known as The Manor House) is built and occupied by Thomas Powell Jr, a coal and iron trade magnate.
- 1940: The house is given to the local health authority and reopened as the Lydia Beynon Maternity Hospital, named after the former owner’s mother.
- 1975: The hospital closes and lies empty for several years.
- 1980: Celtic Inns Ltd. buys the manor house and obtains planning permission to convert to a hotel. It’s the brainchild of chairman Sir Terry Matthews.
- 1982: The 17 bedroom Celtic Manor Hotel opens. Over the years it has expanded and now has 70 bedrooms.
- 1983-1987: The hotel wins Egon Ronay’s Best Hotel in Wales award every year.
- 1995: The Celtic Manor Golf Club opens with the resort’s first golf course.
- 1999: A new 330 bedrooms hotel, the Resort Hotel opens with a convention centre and a second championship golf course.
- 2010: The venue hosts the Ryder Cup. It is the biggest sports event ever to be held in Wales.
- 2014: The Celtic Manor Resort plays host to the NATO Summit. It’s the largest gathering of world leaders ever to have assembled in the UK. Barack Obama is in attendance and is the only serving US president to have visited Wales. I’d have loved to have been a photographer at that event!
Celtic Manor Resort Weddings – FAQs
Q. WHY GET MARRIED AT CELTIC MANOR?
A. Celtic Manor Resort is in the perfect location, just outside Newport. It has easy access for guests coming from South Wales as well as England too. The venue caters for all marriages from the very small up to lavish weddings with 800 guests. The landscape is beautiful, And there is lots of potential for some stunning wedding photography.
Q. HOW LONG BEFORE OUR WEDDING CEREMONY CAN WE GAIN ACCESS TO THE ROOM FOR PHOTOGRAPHY?
A. This often depends on the day and how busy the venue is. But if you do wish to arrive early, do speak with your venue contact to discuss. They do try to go the extra mile to accommodate any requests you have. If you have arranged for a floral display, you will have plenty of time to get this set-up.
Q. IS PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED OF OUR WEDDING CEREMONY AND VOWS?
A. Newport City Council conducts the ceremonies at the Celtic Manor Resort. They are accommodating and relaxed about photography, the only stipulation being that the signing is not photographed. Your photographer will be allowed to move around to get the best shots.
Q. IS CONFETTI ALLOWED AFTERWARDS FOR A NICE SEQUENCE OF PHOTOS?
A. Yes, biodegradable confetti is allowed at all the wedding venues. As well as traditional confetti, bubbles are a popular alternative too!
Q. WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO MOVE AROUND THE SITE FOR OUR COUPLE’S PORTRAITS?
A. Celtic Manor provides their own Bentley and chauffeur to drive you and your photographer around to show off the best sports for your wedding portraits. The Bentley needs to be booked in advance to ensure it’s free. There are also golf buggies that are generally available.