Wedding Photography in the Marquee at Ridgeway, Caerphilly
The Marquee at Ridgeway Golf Club is a wedding venue located on the south side of the beautiful Caerphilly Mountain, on the A469 between Caerphilly and Cardiff.
The venue caters for small to medium-sized weddings and are happy for anyone on any budget to contact them to discuss booking their wedding ceremony and reception. The views across the Vale of Glamorgan and Severn estuary are quite simply stunning.
Unusually, the golf club and driving range is a not for profit social enterprise to make the game more accessible to the whole Community. The venue has received funding from the Coalfields Regeneration Trust and is undergoing a programme of refurbishment.
Wedding Bookings at the Marquee at Ridgeway
Useful to Know When Booking Your Wedding:
- There are 25% discounts for weekday wedding bookings with 20% off on Sundays.
- Venue viewings may be arranged by contacting the venue on 029 2088 6794, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by using their website form.
- The Marquee can cater for up to 100 guests for a sit down reception and 120 for the evening entertainment.
- You must book your registrars first from Caerphilly Register Office at Penallta House, Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly to ensure availability on your chosen date.
- The Ridgeway’s Gold Wedding Package includes all table and chairs dressing but the ceremony costs extra (details below).
The Marquee for Your Ceremony and Wedding Breakfast
Inside, the Marquee is deceptively spacious with room for 100 guests for both your ceremony and reception.
There is good natural light from one side and the ivory pleated linings are perfect to bounce light off where needed. As well as weddings, the venue caters for any event including anniversaries, birthdays and christenings. As well as the clubhouse, there is a bar at the back of the Marquee for the guests to use during the reception. The venue provides their own resident DJ for entertainment until midnight.
In the summer, weddings can be held in the outside area by the Marquee.
Build Your Own>> Bespoke Wedding Photography Package
Marquee at Ridgeway and Your Wedding Photographer
This is one venue that appreciates the importance of your wedding photos. I have been made to feel very welcome and well-informed throughout the day. As part of the package, the Ridgeway even provides the use of 2 golf buggies for an hour so that the couple, their photographer and a few key guests can travel around the grounds for some portraits.
Also Consider>> Your Wedding at DeCourceys Manor
Marquee at Ridgeway Gold Wedding Package
The wedding package as offered by the Ridgeway on their website:
- For 50 guests in the day and 100 for the evening entertainment.
- Additional guests are £49/head.
- A 25% discount applies for weekday weddings with 20% off on Sundays.
- Setup of the ceremony is £300 extra.
- A car is included to pickup the bride from home.
- 2 golf buggies are included for an hour for your wedding photographs in the grounds.
- Bucks Fizz is provided on arrival and Prosecco for your toasts.
- Includes a 3-course meal.
- The Marquee is fully dressed with your choice of colour scheme.
- Various extras such as mail box for cards, sweet trolley and magic photo mirror come with the package.
- A finger buffet is put on in the evening for all guests.
Caerphilly Register Signing Rules
As with many counties and boroughs, Caerphilly Register Office does not allow photography of the signing of the register. They cite data protection as the reason for this, although conversely, it is a public document. The registrars are keen to set up a ‘dummy’ register however, for some posed shots instead.
There is more on my take about Wedding Register Photography if you click on that link.
Read More>> My Wedding Photography FAQ’s
Marquee at Ridgeway FAQ’s
Q. WHY GET MARRIED AT THE MARQUEE AT RIDGEWAY GOLF CLUB?
A. If the location on Caerphilly Mountain with its views wasn’t enough, the staff and events team are attentive and very keen for you to have the best day. A lot is included in the package too and you’ll be sure to have the perfect wedding day.
Q. IS PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED OF OUR WEDDING CEREMONY AND VOWS?
A. Of course. This is generally down to the registrars, and Caerphilly Register Office has the most relaxed views on wedding photography that I know.
Q. DOES THE RIDGEWAY ALLOW CONFETTI AFTERWARDS FOR A NICE SEQUENCE OF PHOTOS?
A. No, unfortunately the venue does not allow the use of confetti on the grounds.
Q. WHAT IS THE LIGHT LIKE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY INSIDE THE VENUE?
A. As a marquee it is light and bright with a little fill flash needed at times. The clubhouse is darker and does need artificial light. I use bounce flash for this.
Ridgeway Golf Club, Driving Range and Function Venue,