Wedding Photography in the Marquee at Ridgeway, Caerphilly
The Marquee at Ridgeway Golf Club is a wedding venue on the south side of the beautiful Caerphilly Mountain, on the A469 between Caerphilly and Cardiff.
The venue caters for small to medium-sized weddings and is happy for anyone on any budget to contact them to discuss booking their wedding ceremony and reception. The views across the Vale of Glamorgan and Severn Estuary are stunning.
Unusually, the golf club and driving range is a not for profit social enterprise to make the game more accessible to the whole Community. The venue has received funding from the Coalfields Regeneration Trust and is undergoing a refurbishment programme.
Are You Planning Your Wedding at Ridgeway Golf Club?
I photograph discretely and unobtrusively to capture the best moments, leaving you to enjoy your day.
With me as your wedding photographer, your memories will be in safe hands, so please get in touch any time to discuss…
Wedding Bookings at the Marquee at Ridgeway
Useful to Know When Booking Your Wedding:
- There are frequent discounts available, so check Ridgeway’s website.
- You may arrange a venue viewing by contacting the venue on 029 2088 6794, emailing email@example.com, or using their website form.
- The Marquee can cater to 100 guests for a sit-down reception and 120 for the evening entertainment.
- You must book your registrars first from the Caerphilly Register Office at Penallta House, Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly, to ensure availability on your chosen date.
- The Ridgeway’s Gold Wedding Package includes all table and chair dressing, but the ceremony costs extra.
The Marquee for Your Ceremony and Wedding Breakfast
The Marquee is deceptively spacious, with room for 100 guests for both your ceremony and reception.
There is good natural light from one side, and the ivory pleated linings are perfect for bouncing light off where needed. As well as weddings, the venue caters for any event, including anniversaries, birthdays and christenings. As well as the clubhouse, there is a bar at the back of the Marquee for the guests to use during the reception. The venue provides its resident DJ for entertainment until midnight.
In the summer, weddings can be held in the outside area by the Marquee.
Build Your Own>> Bespoke Wedding Photography Package
Marquee at Ridgeway and Your Wedding Photographer
The Ridgeway is one venue that appreciates the importance of your wedding photos. The function staff make me feel very welcome and well-informed throughout the day. As part of the package, the Ridgeway even provides 2 golf buggies for an hour so that the couple, their photographer and a few key guests can travel around the grounds for portraits.
Also Consider>> Your Wedding at DeCourceys Manor.
Marquee at Ridgeway Platinum Wedding Package
The wedding package as offered by the Ridgeway on their website:
- The package is for 50 guests in the day and 100 for the evening entertainment.
- Additional guests are £49/head.
- Weddings are cheaper mid-week and on Sundays.
- A car is included to pick up the bride from home.
- A golf buggy is included for an hour for your wedding photographs on the grounds.
- Bucks Fizz is provided on arrival, and Prosecco is supplied for your toasts.
- Includes a 3-course meal.
- The Marquee is fully dressed with your choice of colour scheme.
- Various extras, such as a mailbox for cards, a sweet trolley and a magic photo mirror, come with the package.
- A finger buffet will be put on in the evening for all guests.
Caerphilly Register Signing Rules
As with many counties and boroughs, the Caerphilly Register Office does not allow photography of the signing of the schedule. They cite data protection as the reason for this, although conversely, it is a public document. However, the registrars are keen to set up a ‘dummy’ register for some posed shots instead.
If you click on this link, there is more on my take on Wedding Schedule Photography.
Read More>> My Wedding Photography FAQ’s
Marquee at Ridgeway FAQ’s
Q. WHY GET MARRIED AT THE MARQUEE AT RIDGEWAY GOLF CLUB?
A. If the location on Caerphilly Mountain with its views wasn’t enough, the staff and events team are attentive and keen for you to have the best day. A lot is included in the package, too, and you’ll have the perfect wedding day.
Q. IS PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED OF OUR WEDDING CEREMONY AND VOWS?
A. Of course – at the discretion of the registrars. Caerphilly Register Office has the most relaxed views on wedding photography.
Q. DOES THE RIDGEWAY ALLOW CONFETTI AFTERWARDS FOR A NICE SEQUENCE OF PHOTOS?
A. No, unfortunately, the venue does not allow the use of confetti on the grounds. Bubbles are a popular and effective alternative.
Q. WHAT IS THE LIGHT LIKE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY INSIDE THE VENUE?
A. As a marquee, it is light and bright with a little fill flash needed at times. The clubhouse is darker and does need artificial light. I use bounce flash for this.
Ridgeway Golf Club, Driving Range and Function Venue,